Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Racquetball!


Tuesday the 21st I met with Willie again for a second time. First we went and got lunch and he liked being surrounded by all the college students and the atmosphere. Next we did a scavenger hunt around park center and Lusk field house. He liked finding the clues, but he REALLY did not like running. He gets out of breath and tired very quickly. I also noticed that if there was a college student in the hall way he would stop dead in his tracks and walk, I am thinking this is maybe a I don't want to look like a fool running around thing.
Next we went down into the racquetball courts because I felt like he asked a lot of questions about racquetball at our last meeting. We had a bigger ball so it did not bounce as fast as a regular racquetball. I think this did help especially with his hand eye coordination. After racquetball we played handball which is a game he learned at school and I had never played before so it was a learning experience for me. After that we went into the racquetball court with the golf net and practiced our football punting because all the gymnasiums were taken up. However the net was nice and bumped the ball back to us. Lastly, we worked on snapping the football to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment